Thursday 4 June 2015

Game#6 : Jetpac Moving only

Not done a lot on Jetpac today, though I was lucky enough to find someone had already ripped the Sprites out which made it much easier. I can't draw at all. I mean, really bad. The Galaxians and Asteroids gfx come from images of the originals. So does this. I have found that 3D modelling with something like Blender helps.

At the moment it can just move about and fire, but there's nothing to hit or collect as yet.

I actually visited ACG (the home of Ultimate) once, when they were in Ashby de la Zouch (in the Midlands) and I was at Keele University. I was trying to get hold of a copy of Alien 8 for the BBC, very difficult, so I went to the source and asked them for a copy.

Amazingly it worked. Perhaps they thought I was mad, so they'd better humour me, I don't know. I also used the same trick with Acornsoft in Wellingborough to get a copy of "Revs" by Geoff Crammond, similarly "unavailable".


No comments:

Post a Comment